真理医生 Dr. Ratio
「不急」 "There's no rush."
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
点击报名【罗塞塔-罗森塔尔杯】,期待与您相见
Tap to register for the [Rosetta-Rosenthal Cup]. We look forward to meeting you.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
开拓者,发了一份学会内部最近举办的辩论赛议题给你,主题是《科学技术是否中立》。
Trailblazer, I've sent you the info about the recent debate competition held within the guild. The debate topic is Are science and technology neutral?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
不要误会,只是转发。
Don't get any wrong ideas. I'm simply forwarding someone else's post.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
该辩题初级友好,适合入门。
The topic is beginner-friendly.
对我来说太简单了 It's gonna be a cakewalk for me
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我的口才足够好了
I'm more than articulate to handle this
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我怎么不觉得?
How so?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
语言的艺术,学无止境。
There are no bounds in the art of language.
我完全不会啊 I know nothing about debate
开拓者 Trailblazer:
但我完全不会啊
But I know nothing about debate
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
那就更应该学习了。
All the more reason for you to learn, then.
我自闭 I'm anti-social
开拓者 Trailblazer:
对不起,我自闭
Sorry, I'm anti-social
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你对自己的认识不足。
Clearly, you don't know yourself well enough.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
参加与否不重要。
It matters not whether you join the competition.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
但我想了解在你的认知中,辩论是一项怎样的活动?
But I am inclined to acquire an understanding of how you perceive debate as an activity within your cognitive framework.
和对方辩驳争论 Arguing against the other side
开拓者 Trailblazer:
辩论就是和对方辩驳争论,简称辩论
Debate is about arguing against the other side
努力让对方生气 Angering your opponent
开拓者 Trailblazer:
辩论就是努力让对方生气
Debate is about triggering the other side
互相阴阳怪气 Being snarky with each other
开拓者 Trailblazer:
辩论就是互相阴阳怪气
Debate is about being snarky with each other
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
这样吧,就以这个辩题为例,我来进行说明。
Very well, then. Allow me to expound on this topic using the proposition above as an example, if you please.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你选哪一方?
Which side do you choose?
技术是中立的 Technology is neutral
开拓者 Trailblazer:
技术是中立的
Technology is neutral
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
那我就选反方。你先发言吧。
I'll take the opposite side then. You may speak first.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
技术是一把双刃剑,既可以用它来行善,也可以用它来作恶
Technology is a double-edged sword, in the sense that it can be used to do both good and evil.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
不知道你是否听说过原始博士的返祖实验。
Have you ever heard of Dr. Primitive's atavistic experiment?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
为了诱导实验对象产生应激反应,他研究出了一系列折磨生命、令其产生痛苦的技术。
To induce a stress response in his subjects, he developed a series of technologies with the sole purpose to torture and inflict sufferings.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
这样的技术,令人不敢恭维。
Such technologies are abominable.
技术不是中立的 Technology is not neutral.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
技术不是中立的
Technology is not neutral.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
那我就选正方。你先发言吧。
I'll take the affirmative side then. You may speak first.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
有些技术从自身来说就是善的,比如延长寿命的技术
Some technologies are inherently good, like those that prolong lifespans.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
先进的医疗技术确实拯救了许多人,但医治和益寿并不完全等同。
Indeed, strides made in medical technologies have, undeniably, saved many a soul from afflictions and ailments. But medical treatments are not necessarily synonymous with prolongation of life.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你们不是去过仙舟联盟吗?应该比我更清楚长生的代价。
Haven't you lot visited the Xianzhou Alliance already? Methinks you ought to have a keener understanding of the dear price one must pay for immortality.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我说完了。
I rest my case.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你看,这样就证实了我的观点。
See, this verily confirms my assertion.
我都没发言 I didn't even get to speak
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我还一句话都没说!
I didn't even get to speak!
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
大多数时候,一个人语速快代表其思维迅捷。
Most often, one's rapid elocution bespeaks an agile intellect.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
但也可能代表他讲话完全不经大脑。
However, it may also indicate a complete lack of cerebral engagement in one's discourse.
你在胡说八道 You're spouting nonsense
开拓者 Trailblazer:
你在胡说八道
You're spouting nonsense
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你这么说就输了。
You'll have lost the game, if that is your argument.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
但你说得没错。
But there is a certain truth in what you say.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
因此结论显而易见,我们谁也无法说服对方。
Indeed, the conclusion is plain to see. Neither of us can sway the assertion of the other.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
现在你明白了么?真理有时会通过这种方式越辩越明,有时则不然。
You get it now? The truth, at times, does shine brighter and clearer via this manner of discourse, and at other times, it doesn't.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
大多数辩论,往往只是一些语言游戏。
Most debates often amount to nothing more than a frivolous play of words.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
另一些…虽然我无意于此,但也受邀参加过超脱语言层面的辩论。
Amongst other things... I have once been enticed into partaking in debates that transcend the confines of language.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
超脱语言层面?
Transcend the confines of language?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
健康的体魄无论何时都会发挥作用。开拓者,你需牢记一点。
Do bear in mind, Trailblazer, that a robust constitution always proves its mettle, no matter the hour.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
连续做了三个月工程设计,有点疲惫。
After three months of incessant engineering designs, I feel a tad weary.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
开拓者,出些题目刺激一下我的大脑吧。
Trailblazer, do grace my intellect with a much-needed barrage of stimulating quizzes, if you would be so kind.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
第一次听到有人向我提这样的要求
This is the first time I've received a request like this.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
这很奇怪吗?
Is that so?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
难道你平时不是这样休息的?
Is this not how you usually unwind?
请为列车设计武器 Please design a weapon for the Express.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
请为列车设计一把武器
Please design a weapon for the Express.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
拿去吧,以前设计的对星武器,正好适合列车。
Here. It's an anti-planetary weapon design that I once devised, perfectly suited for the Express.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你们在银河中旅行,大功率武器是必备的。
Whilst traversing the cosmos, high-caliber armaments are an indispensable necessity.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
武器在哪里?
So, where's this weapon?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
武器就是列车。
The Express itself is the weapon.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
列车可以被视作车厢单位的集合,只要替换部分足够轻便而有韧性的材料,自身就能在不损害内部构造的情况下变成巨型武器。
The Express, a mere assemblage of carriages, becomes a colossal weapon when fitted with lightweight yet resilient materials, all without compromising its internal architecture.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
图纸提供了它变成人形攻击兵器的可能,你们可以在不移动位置的情况下操纵它进行战斗。
The blueprint delineates the potential for it to morph into a humanoid assault weapon, enabling you to engage in combat without budging an inch.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
你说的那些材料在哪里呢
Where can I get the materials you mentioned?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
学会内部有人在主导相关材料的开发,预计五个琥珀纪内会有成果。
Someone in the guild is spearheading the development of such materials. Expect fruitful outcomes within the next five Amber Eras.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
如何,愿意合作吗?
Well, are you up for a collaboration?
让列车变成永动机 Make the Express move perpetually
开拓者 Trailblazer:
如何让列车变成不依赖外部能源的永动机
How to turn the Express into a perpetual motion machine that doesn't rely on external energy?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
好题目,我看看。
That's a brilliant question. Let me see.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我瞎出的题……
I just made that up...
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
恰巧,能源问题是我的老朋友。
As it happens, the question of energy has been an old friend of mine.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我有自信让列车达到接近永动机的层次。
I am confident in my ability to elevate the train to a level approaching perpetual motion.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
不对。
Hold on.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
怎么了?
What's wrong?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我检索了学会关于列车的所有资料,对它的结构及能源消耗状况做了调查。
I've just perused the Guild's compendium on the Express and looked into its architectural intricacies and energy consumption.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我发现列车自重新启程以来,添加燃料的记录极不规律,但它却一直能保持跃迁。
From the records, I notice that refueling for the Express has been dreadfully irregular since its recommencement, yet it manages to keep warping, virtually unperturbed.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
某种意义上说,它已经是个永动机了。
In a sense, it is already a perpetual-motion machine.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
是什么力量能让列车奔驰那么久?
What power propels the Express to journey so enduringly, I wonder?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
总有一天,我会亲手把它拆解。
One fine day, I shall personally dismantle it to seek its truth with my own hands.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
别让列车长听到了,生气的列车长很可怕
Don't let the conductor hear you. They can be terrifying when they get cranky.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
秘密也许就在那位列车长身上。
Ah, yes, that conductor, perhaps, holds the very key to this secret.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
总有一天,我也会解开它的秘密。
One fine day, I shall unravel their enigma, too.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我会把这些想法都向列车长转达的
I'll report these ideas of yours to the conductor.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
等你的消息。
Keep me posted.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
最近第一真理大学的招生又开始了,有进修深造的打算吗?
The esteemed University of Veritas Prime has once again commenced its enrollment proceedings. Do you, perchance, harbor aspirations for further refinements and scholarly pursuits?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
啊?好突然
Huh? Wdym
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
星际旅行也需要丰富的知识,否则是无法度过危险的。
Interstellar voyages necessitate a wealth of erudition, lest one may very well perish amidst perils unknown.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你喜欢什么?数学,物理,哲学…?
What subjects tickle your fancy? Mathematics, physics, or perhaps, philosophy...?
我喜欢数学 I like math?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我喜欢数学
I like math?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我想起一个故事。
Allow me to regale you with a tale.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
从前,物理学家和工程师乘着热气球在峡谷里迷失了方向。
Once upon a time, a physicist and an engineer found themselves adrift in a hot air balloon amidst a ravine.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
他们高声呼喊,「喂——我们在哪儿? 」。
They screamed at the top of their lungs, "Yo-ho! Where are we?"
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
过了15分钟之后,他们听见有人回答「喂——你们在热气球里!」。
After fifteen minutes had elapsed, they heard a voice reply, "Yo-ho! You are in a hot air balloon!"
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
物理学家说,那人一定是数学家。
The physicist deduced, "Surely, that must be a mathematician..."
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
「因为他用了很长的时间,给出一个完全正确的答案,但答案一点用也没有」。
"...for he took an extensive period of time to produce an entirely accurate answer, albeit utterly inconsequential."
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
说实话,这是一门困难的学科。对于很多人来说,一辈子也无法理解数学的意义。
Truth be told, mathematics is a formidable discipline, one that eludes the grasp of many throughout their lifetime, rendering its significance inscrutable.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
好冷的笑话
What a dry joke that is.
我喜欢物理学 I like physics.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我喜欢物理学。
I like physics.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
现在,物理学期刊的发表速度已经超过了光速。
Nowadays, physics journals are being published at a rate surpassing even the speed of light.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
但并没有违反相对论,因为它们没有传递任何信息。
This, however, does not defy the law of relativity, for all those journals carry not even an iota of meaningful information.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
另外,如果你去做研究,那很可能一年中至少有五分之四的时间是进展缓慢,另外五分之一的时间则是毫无进展。
Moreover, should you ever embark upon this line of academic endeavor, it is highly probable that a staggering four-fifths of the year shall be exclusively consumed by languid progression, while the remaining fifth shall be indubitably bereft of any semblance of progression at all.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
有点吓人
Sounds pretty scary.
我喜欢哲学 I like philosophy!
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我喜欢哲学
I like philosophy!
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你知道哲学与科学的不同之处吗?
Are you privy to the demarcation between philosophy and science?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
解决科学问题,你需要纸、笔和橡皮擦。
To tackle scientific quandaries, one requires parchment, quill, and an eraser.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
解决哲学问题,你只需要纸和笔。
Yet, to unravel philosophical enigmas, parchment and quill shall suffice.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
哲学缺乏明确的对错标准。
For in philosophy lies a notable lack of a definitive criterion for right and wrong.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我不推荐初学者研究这门学科。
I would not recommend this discipline to neophytes.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
明白了
Understood
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
看来你需要一定时间考虑。
You may need more time for careful consideration.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
你需要警惕那些只告诉专业优势,而不向你坦诚其困难的人。
Beware of those who only extol the virtues of an academic discipline without candidly acknowledging its challenges.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我见过许多兴趣盎然的学生,最后带着挫折与失望离开。
I have met numerous students brimming with enthusiasm, only to witness their eventual departure, ensconced in disillusionment and despondency.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
因此任何学业的抉择,都要慎重。
Hence, any academic decision should be approached with utmost caution.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
话有点难听,但不是所有人都适合做学术。
Though it may sound harsh, not everyone is suited for the scholarly pursuit.
我仔细考虑一下 I'll give it more serious thoughts
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我仔细考虑一下
I'll give it more serious thoughts
你也知道难听啊 I'm surprised you're aware it sounds harsh
开拓者 Trailblazer:
你也知道难听啊
I'm surprised you're aware it sounds harsh
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
嗯。仔细考虑后再给我答复吧,如果需要,我可以帮你写推荐信。
Do ponder upon it with due diligence before tendering your response, and should you require it, I shall gladly lend my quill to pen a commendatory missive to your benefit.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
差分宇宙的测试进程如何?人间喜剧…出乎意料,和其他天才不同,螺丝咕姆的君王特质,的确让他更能接受外来的建议。
How is testing the Divergent Universe? The Human Comedy, heh... Screwllum surprised me. His kingly qualities indeed mean he's more open to accepting external suggestions, unlike the other Geniuses.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
我在空闲之余,整理了一批新资料,作为这次差分宇宙的迭代样本。
In my spare time, I've compiled a new batch of data as an iterative sample for this version of the Divergent Universe.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
也发一份给你,就当是测试前的预习。
I'll send you a copy. Think of it as practice material for a test.
我只负责测试。 I'm only a tester
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我只是个测试人员,不负责动脑子。
I'm only a tester. Thinking is not in my job description.
这就开始学。 On it
开拓者 Trailblazer:
马上学,我这人最好学了。
On it. I love learning
开拓者 Trailblazer:
顺便问问,把这些资料全部看完要多长时间?
By the way, how long would it take to finish reading the document?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
保守估计,一个琥珀纪就够了。
Conservatively? Just 1 Amber Era.
你谁啊? Who are you?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
那个,咱俩认识吗?
Um... Have we met?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
认不认识我不重要,但认识你自己和我发来的资料,这相当重要。
It doesn't matter if you know me or not, but you should know yourself and the data I sent. That's very important.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
方程式让你体验不同的人生,不是为了让你成为谁,而是要你想清楚,自己将走向何方。
The Equations allow you to experience different lives. It's not about making you become someone, but for you to have a clear idea of where you want to go.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
即使天才的研究与你无关,也不该中断对「人生」这一课题的思索。
Even if the genius' research doesn't concern you, you shouldn't stop pondering the subject of "life."
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
放心,对你这样的受众来说,只需要把文献综述和总结部分看完就足够了。
Don't worry. For users such as yourself, just reading the literature review and the conclusion sections will suffice.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
即使是螺丝咕姆,也不会逐字逐句地读完这冗长的内容。
Not even Screwllum will read through this verbose document word by word.
开拓者 Trailblazer:
你就是螺丝咕姆说的那个合作伙伴?
You are the partner Screwllum mentioned?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
螺丝咕姆试图理解和消弭智慧生命的差异和冲突。我只是在学术交流中为他提供了些许资料和建议。
Screwllum is trying to understand and resolve the differences and conflicts among intelligent lifeforms. I only provided him with some materials and advice during academic exchanges.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
「合作」一词,仅是他过誉的评价而已。
As for "partner"... that's just him overstating my contribution.
不愧是你。 As expected of you
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我见过很多人,如果螺丝咕姆说他们是自己的合作伙伴。
I have met many people. If Screwllum says that they're his partner...
开拓者 Trailblazer:
他们怕是做梦都能笑醒。
They'd be so happy that they might even burst out laughing in the middle of the night.
他的评价很高。 He thinks highly of you
开拓者 Trailblazer:
他对你的评价很高。
He thinks highly of you
开拓者 Trailblazer:
但你拒绝了他的邀请,为什么?
Yet you declined his invitation, why?
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
天才们就像是恒星,创造出来的价值,可以照亮一个星系。
Geniuses are like stars. The value they create can illuminate an entire planetary system.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
庸人们往往试图跟在他们身后亦步亦趋,却只会被刺伤眼睛,迷失道路。
The mundane is always trying to follow their footsteps, only to be blinded and become lost.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
他有他的课题,我也有我自己的。
He has his topics, and I have mine.
真理医生 Dr. Ratio:
自己的路终究要自己去走。这句话,对我如此,对你亦然。
One needs to walk their own path. This is true to both you and me.
最后更新于