翡翠 Jade
欢迎随时光临「慈玉典押」 You are always welcome to Bonajade Exchange.
翡翠 Jade:
最近准备打造一件新首饰,有兴趣听听它的故事么
I've been planning to craft a new piece of jewelry. Wanna hear the story behind it?
你居然有我好友! Wait, you added me as a friend?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
你居然有我好友!
Wait, you added me as a friend?
翡翠 Jade:
你可能忘了,在晖长石号上…我们可是有过很重要的交集
In case you forgot, our paths crossed quite a bit on the Radiant Feldspar
可以!但要给我奖励! Sure, but you gotta reward me for it!
开拓者 Trailblazer:
可以!但要给我奖励!
Sure, but you gotta reward me for it!
翡翠 Jade:
放心,不会白白浪费你的时间
Absolutely! I promise it'll be worth your time
我对首饰一窍不通 I don't know a thing about jewelry
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我对首饰一窍不通……
I don't know a thing about jewelry...
翡翠 Jade:
没关系,就当是闲聊吧
No worries, just think of it as a casual chat
翡翠 Jade:
我得到了一颗天然的蓝色圆水晶,蕴含净化力量,你猜它来源于何处?
I came into possession of a round blue natural crystal full of cleansing energy. Any guesses where it's from?
珠宝商店 A jewelry store
开拓者 Trailblazer:
珠宝商店?但你为何会选择它呢
A jewelry store? But what made you pick that one?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我觉得没有那么简单
I have a feeling it's not that simple
翡翠 Jade:
嗯,如果只看它的外观,品质并不算上乘
Yes, if you only consider its appearance, it's certainly not top-grade
翡翠 Jade:
如果这颗蓝色水晶出现在普通的商店货架上,我不会多看它一眼,更不会购入
If this blue crystal had been on a regular store shelf, I wouldn't have given it a second glance, much less bought it
富商宝库 A wealthy merchant's treasure vault
开拓者 Trailblazer:
富商的宝库?应该是「慈玉典押」的抵押品吧
A wealthy merchant's treasure vault? It must be collateral in the Bonajade Exchange
开拓者 Trailblazer:
不过,总感觉事情没有那么简单
But I get the feeling there's more to it than that
翡翠 Jade:
嗯,「慈玉典押」拥有数不胜数的宝物
Hmm, the Bonajade Exchange does have a plethora of treasures
翡翠 Jade:
如果只看它的外观,品质并不算上乘
If you only consider its appearance, it's certainly not top-grade
路边捡的 Found it by the roadside
开拓者 Trailblazer:
是不是在路边捡的?
Did you stumble upon it by the roadside?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我也想过珠宝商店、富商宝库这样的答案,但都太普通了
I considered places like jewelry stores or a wealthy merchant's treasure vault, but they all seem too straightforward an answer
翡翠 Jade:
我欣赏你的想象力,但很可惜不是
Creative, but no
翡翠 Jade:
或许有一天你会知道,人的欲望就像深不见底的漩涡
Someday, maybe you'll come to realize that human greed is like a bottomless vortex
翡翠 Jade:
哪怕他自称拥有无欲无求的灵魂,也可能因为一时的贪婪失去所有
Even if they claim a heart free of desires, they might still lose it all in a foolish moment of greed
翡翠 Jade:
正如这颗蓝色水晶——它是某颗纯净星球的凝聚,来自于一位当权者的所求
Just like this blue crystal — it's the condensed form of a pure planet, born from the desires of one in power
这是一颗星球? This is a planet?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
你把星球制成了饰品?这么可怕?
You turned a planet into an accessory? That's kind of terrifying!
翡翠 Jade:
交易的达成是相互的,可不存在强取豪夺哦
It takes two to make a deal. There's no coercion involved
那列车是不是也… Then, the Express, too...
开拓者 Trailblazer:
那列车是不是也会被你做成水晶摆件?
Are you planning to turn the Express into a crystal ornament too?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我得赶紧告诉列车长
I need to tell the conductor this right away!
翡翠 Jade:
别担心,交易的达成需要经过双方同意,我可不会强取豪夺
Don't worry. A deal requires agreement from both parties — I'd never force anyone into making one
翡翠 Jade:
希望没有吓到你
I hope the story didn't scare you too much
翡翠 Jade:
看来如今的你没有这样的欲求,这是件好事
It seems like you don't have such desires right now. That's a good thing
翡翠 Jade:
若是你也有需要「交易」的一天,请随时光临「慈玉典押」
If you ever find yourself in need of making a "deal," you're always welcome at the Bonajade Exchange
翡翠 Jade:
开拓者,你知道「向上管理」这个词汇么?
Trailblazer, do you know anything about "managing up"?
翡翠 Jade:
听说在年轻人的职场十分流行
I heard it's a really popular concept among younger professionals
向上管理我最在行! I know all about "managing up"!
开拓者 Trailblazer:
向上管理我最在行!
I know all about "managing up"!
开拓者 Trailblazer:
有事找上级,没事把自己的事给上级做
If work is overwhelming you, reach out to your manager and pass some their way. If it isn't, pass some their way anyway!
翡翠 Jade:
很有新意的理解
That's a unique way to look at it
知道,但感觉不现实 Heard of it, but it's unrealistic
开拓者 Trailblazer:
知道!不就是有事找上级,没事把自己的事找给上级做嘛
Mm-hmm. "If work is overwhelming you, reach out to your manager and pass some their way. If it isn't, pass some their way anyway," right?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
但感觉不现实,总是这么和上级硬碰硬肯定会被开除吧
But I think it's unrealistic. Constantly clashing with your manager is a surefire way to get fired, isn't it
翡翠 Jade:
看来你理解得很深刻
It looks like you have a good understanding of it
翡翠 Jade:
公司的年轻员工对此有不少讨论,也传到了我这里
The young employees at the IPC have been talking about it, and their views have reached my ears
翡翠 Jade:
「向上管理」的心态,大多与上级的管理风格有关
Sentiments toward "managing up" largely depend on their supervisor's management style
翡翠 Jade:
「托帕总监行事虽然雷厉风行,但会酌情听取建议」
"Director Topaz may be a woman of swift and decisive action, but she listens to advice where she should."
翡翠 Jade:
「砂金总监的眼光一向很准,他说能解决的问题,先不论方法,最后一定能完成」
"Director Aventurine has a sharp eye for everything. Putting the initial 'whys' and 'hows' aside, if he says something can be done, then it will get done."
开拓者 Trailblazer:
那翡翠女士的管理风格呢?
What about Madam Jade's style?
翡翠 Jade:
猜猜看?
Take a guess?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
不好说…感觉不会被「向上管理」
Can't tell... I've got a feeling that nobody can "managing up" with you
翡翠 Jade:
嗯…也许与之相反也说不定呢
Hmm... Or maybe it's the exact opposite
翡翠 Jade:
年轻人的世界活跃又充满新意,后浪推前浪终究是必然趋势
The world of youths is a vibrant and dynamic one. The new generation inevitably surpasses the old
翡翠 Jade:
但在那之前,我作为先来者,也会协助他们尽力打磨自己
But before that happens, as one who walks before them, I'll help them become the best versions of themselves
公司真是人均工作狂 The IPC are all workaholics!
开拓者 Trailblazer:
公司人均工作狂的原因找到了
So this is the reason behind the workaholic culture at the IPC
翡翠 Jade:
努力与耐心是成长的必备养料
Diligence and fortitude are the keys to growth
翡翠 Jade:
能够更上一层楼的机会,可不是人人都有哦
Not everyone gets the opportunity to climb higher
石心十人也要打磨自己吗 The Ten Stonehearts self-improve too?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
石心十人也要打磨自己吗?
Do the Ten Stonehearts need to polish themselves too?
翡翠 Jade:
当然,开凿基石只是第一步
Absolutely. Chiselling the Cornerstones is just the beginning
翡翠 Jade:
持续磨砺自己的内心,铸就坚不可摧的城墙,才能支撑我们看见更广阔的世界
Only by steadily tempering our hearts and building unbreakable walls can we broaden our horizons
翡翠 Jade:
开拓者,据我观察,你也是一块珍稀独特的宝石呢
From what I've seen, Trailblazer, you're a rare and unique gem
翡翠 Jade:
有兴趣的话,不妨来公司体验一下精雕细琢的打磨过程如何?
If you're interested, why not come to the IPC and experience for yourself our uncompromising dedication to polishing oneself?
翡翠 Jade:
开拓者,有时间么?
Trailblazer, got a minute?
翡翠 Jade:
有个关于「孩子」的问题想听听你的看法
I'd like to hear your thoughts on "kids"
我没有孩子 I don't have kids
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我没有孩子,恐怕回答不了你的问题
I don't have kids, so I might not be the best person to ask
翡翠 Jade:
没关系,每个人都曾是孩子,所以我更关注你的想法
That's okay. We were all once kids anyway, so I'm really interested in hearing your views
我就是孩子 Kids? That's me
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我就是孩子,请尽管问
Kid at your service. Ask away!
翡翠 Jade:
很积极呢,我也很期待你的回答
That's the spirit! I can't wait to hear your opinion
翡翠 Jade:
你认为「孩子的幸福」该是什么样的?
What do you think will make a child happy?
吃饱穿暖家庭和乐! Food, clothes, and happy family!
开拓者 Trailblazer:
吃饱穿暖家庭和乐!就像咱列车组一样
Being well-fed, well-clothed, and well-loved by their family — just like how the Crew is!
翡翠 Jade:
看来列车组的关系十分亲密呢,也愿这份幸福能长久地陪伴你
Sounds like the Crew shares a really close bond. May that happiness stay with you forever
没有烦恼,无忧无虑! Free from troubles and woes!
开拓者 Trailblazer:
没有烦恼,无忧无虑!
Free from troubles and woes!
翡翠 Jade:
的确,孩子的世界本就应当至真至纯,没有烦忧
You're right. A child's world should be innocent and carefree
我也不知道 I don't know
开拓者 Trailblazer:
我也不知道
I don't know
翡翠 Jade:
嗯,幸福有时的确很难用言语表达
Yeah, sometimes happiness is just hard to put into words
翡翠 Jade:
我也问过托帕和砂金
I asked Topaz and Aventurine the same question
翡翠 Jade:
如今的他们对幸福的定义虽然各不相同,但对于「孩子的幸福」的看法,与你的回答也颇有相似之处
Their definitions of happiness have changed and now vary from each other's, but on the topic of "what makes a child happy," they share the same view as you
翡翠 Jade:
看来,福利院孩子们的愿望也大抵如此
The children in the orphanage would probably wish for the same things too
孩子们的愿望? The children's wishes?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
孩子们的愿望?要我帮忙准备什么吗?
The children's wishes? Anything I can help with?
翡翠 Jade:
谢谢你的心意,不过我自己来就好
Thanks for the offer, but I can handle it
翡翠 Jade:
孩子们给予我无条件的信任,我也会毫无保留地回报给他们
The kids have given me unconditional trust, and I'll reciprocate in kind with all my heart
你居然会去福利院? You visit orphanages?
开拓者 Trailblazer:
你居然会去福利院?
You visit orphanages?
翡翠 Jade:
是的,我经常去
Yes, I go there all the time
翡翠 Jade:
你似乎有些惊讶?
You seem surprised
开拓者 Trailblazer:
是的…有关「慈玉典押」的故事我没少听
Well... I've heard stories about the Bonajade Exchange
翡翠 Jade:
这样啊…不过不必担心,属于「大人们」的选择,终归要严格一些
I see... No need to worry. After all, in the case of adults, choices made must be much stricter
翡翠 Jade:
孩子们给予我无条件的信任,我也会毫无保留地回报给他们
The kids have given me unconditional trust, and I'll reciprocate in kind with all my heart
翡翠 Jade:
时间差不多了,是时候出发了
In any case, it's about time I head off
最后更新于